BEFORE YOU GO TO HUMAN RESOURCES ABOUT SEXUAL HARASSMENT OBTAIN THE ADVICE OF A QUALIFIED ATTORNEY
Human Resources exists to protect your employer, not you. HRs investigations are NOT impartial. Your witnesses will probably not be asked whether they witnessed the harassment. What you tell Human Resources will likely get back to the person you are complaining about. Retaliation is common. What you say can and will be used against you. Your employer has an attorney. So should you.
It may be necessary to get a complaint on record with Human Resources but before you do you need to have evidence your harasser cannot deny. Our firm will advise you without charge how to collect the necessary evidence. WE CAN PROVIDE AN OPINION WHETHER THERE IS ENOUGH EVIDENCE TO SUPPORT A LAWSUIT. We never charge a fee without financial recovery. All consultations are strictly confidential.
Our Investigator and Attorneys will explain to you how to preserve electronically stored evidence such as text messages, emails, social media messages, video and audio recordings, whether you can secretly record conversations legally in your state and which company documents you are permitted to copy.
- Unwanted offensive touching
- Unwanted offensive romantic attention
- Offensive sexual speech
- Offensive sexual conduct, gestures
- Unwanted exposure to pornography
- Unwanted offensive sexual texts, emails, facebook/twitter and other communications
- Conditioning job benefits on sex
- Being forced to have sex to keep or get your job
DIFFERENT STATES HAVE DIFFERENT DEADLINES FOR MAKING A FILING. DO NOT POSTPONE SEEKING LEGAL ADVICE.
Friedman & Houlding LLP or our individual attorneys have been recognized by their peers as a leading firm in the area of sexual harassment:
- Super Lawyers since 2014
- Best Attorneys in New York since 2009
- New York Magazine “New York Top Attorneys” Labor/Employment
- Highest Justia Peer Ratings 10.0:
- Josh is absolutely at the top of his field. He has a specific niche and knows how to prosecute his cases to a successful conclusion. Josh knows his specialty and members of our organization rely on him as an expert in hostile work environment cases.
- Rebecca is an incredible and inspiring lawyer. She devotes her full arsenal of legal knowledge and tactics and the resources of her team to every case she takes on. She stays abreast of all current developments in the law, including critical new areas in electronic discovery and cutting edge legal arguments that will advantage her clients.
- During the years that I have known Mr. Friedman, I have always known him to be a civil rights bar leader, who deeply cares about imparting and sharing his representational craftsmanship to other members of the profession.
- Rebecca Houlding is someone who many of us seek counsel with when faced with difficult issues. She has a great ability to simplify complex issues and facts. I find her to be a great advocate and counselor and contributor to the advancement of the practice.
- Top Ten NY Employment Punitive Damages Awards 2010
- Largest Employment Verdict 2018 Carolina Verdict Reporter
One of our settlements was reported to be "at or near the top of known racial discrimination settlements in Virginia," said Paul Fletcher, the editor of Virginia Lawyers Weekly, which tracks such cases.